Join the market leader that has broken the commercial barriers on graphene technology, graphene volume, and procurement pricing for global adoption. Every day, NanoXplore is strengthening its position as a world leader in graphene, whether through acquisitions, strategic partnerships or new manufacturing methods. As a result, we are looking for exceptional people to support our growth and help us realize our projects.
The Application Engineer role serves as a customer facing technical support position that helps drive the Nanoxplore graphene value proposition through hands-on product application guidance, pilot / production equipment support, on-site customer trials, formulation optimization, and post sales troubleshooting. Experience and working knowledge in thermoplastics, thermosets, water-based dispersions, and the extrusion / mixing process for each are essential to success in this role. The Application Engineer will work in close interaction with the R&D team for product development, operations, technical sales, and the business development team. Furthermore, the Application Engineer will interface with the customers and suppliers engineering departments and will perform a variety of product, technical and engineering functions including but not limited to: pre/post sales support, research, design and development.
Responsibilities (tasks, duties):
The Application Engineer will:
- Proactively develop and implement the application-based account penetration strategy in each market presenting and refining new products and technologies with current and potential customers.
- Develop knowledge to uncover, understand, compare, and contrast the competitive solutions to graphene and develop compelling value proposition based on current best alternatives.
- Participate in supplier/customer design reviews, cost analyses models, and production plans.
- Obtain a good understanding of customer needs relative to product(s), technology, direction, competition, design process and design cycle.
- Identify and develop relationships with all key technical decision makers and influencers in each account.
- Discover design requirements from the system level down to each individual element collaborating with the design, production and/or engineering departments to develop/execute technical strategies that help solve customer design challenges.
- Proactively provide general application and product level sales training, proactively align with sales team in securing business. Communicate account calls with suppliers, account managers and/or inside sales.
- Identify and track largest design opportunities from concept to production, utilizing all supplier resources to assure greatest potential for success.
- Create presentations and other sales tools to enhance technical value and become a “trusted advisor” to both internal and external customers.
- Manage the product from beginning to end which involves communication and in-depth consultation with customers, sales and vendors.
- Research major industry players to be able to communicate to internal and external customers industry trends and directions.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of product lifecycles and the ability to design a full solution based on the customers expectation of product performance, lifecycles and total costs.
- Attend internal and external technical training to complete and maintain certification as necessary.
- 40% travel is expected.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Develops expertise of business, financials, products/services, market, and account needs. Expand knowledge of the industry, markets and sales processes; to help broaden sales capabilities.
- Solves sales / technical problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using both technical and commercial experience, judgment and precedent.
- Works independently within an assigned territory/account base with moderate sized accounts/opportunities. Has flexibility to set and negotiate terms within defined parameters; is beginning to plan own territory or account approach.
- Collaborates with internal team, managers and support functions. Has direct contact with clients.
- Impacts own sales quota and that of others; works within a defined territory or account according to guidelines and policies.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Materials Engineering or a related field.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong sense of customer-service (collaboration and solution-oriented approach).
- Ability to communicate effectively with various cross-functional teams (active listening, empathy).
- Ability to respond well to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Fluency in English (Oral & Written).
- Working knowledge of French.
- Teamwork & Cooperation (develops positive and collaborative relationships with team members to solve problems and achieve business goals).
- Results Oriented.
- Demonstrate assertiveness and capacity to influence.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
NanoXplore is a graphene company, a Montreal-based manufacturer and supplier of high-volume graphene powder and graphene-enhanced masterbatches for the use in commercial and industrial markets. The company is currently commissioning one of the largest graphene production facilities in the world with a production capacity of 4,000 metric tons of graphene powder per year. NanoXplore’s patented graphene production technology is uniquely scalable allowing the company to break-down current pricing barriers that have previously prevented graphene from becoming a commercially viable carbon performance additive; a distinct competitive advantage in comparison to other global graphene suppliers. The company plans to disrupt the current carbon additives market within the automotive, consumer good, packaging, pipe, film, and construction industries with its signature cost-effective and performance-enhancing GrapheneBlack™️ product group. NanoXplore also has the manufacturing and technical expertise in the production of its own graphene-enhanced polyolefin masterbatches making it a vertically integrated graphene supplier.
NanoXplore is a public company listed on the TSX-V and OTCQX under the symbols GRA and NNXPF respectively.