Posted 3 weeks ago
NanoXplore is looking for a Purchaser to join our amazing team. Under the supervision of the General Manager, the person in this key position must be motivated and able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. They will be a team player who will help us build a strong network of suppliers to ensure the continuity of procurement and operational stability.
- Collaborating with production and warehouse to maintain stocks at appropriate levels.
- Processing requisitions, generating quote requests, and purchase orders through the ERP system.
- Negotiating prices, purchasing terms, and delivery schedules for materials and services. Preparing comparative tables when necessary.
- Monitoring pending orders.
- Maintaining detailed records of quotes, purchase orders, contracts, and other documents.
- Establishing relationships with potential suppliers to assess their ability to provide quality and reliable products within specified deadlines. Sourcing new supply options to optimize costs.
- Implementing and maintaining a Kanban system for consumables (production, maintenance, R&D, stationery).
- Maintaining procedures and documentation related to the quality management system (EQMS). Managing non-conformities and identifying improvement opportunities in relation to procurement.
- Establishing and maintaining performance indicators.
- Working closely with warehouse staff to ensure order receipt.
- Validating invoice compliance with purchase orders upon request from accounts payable.
- Supporting shipping activities.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports as needed.
- Performing any other related tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field, or a technical diploma with equivalent experience.
- Experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Bilingualism (French-English) is required as the successful candidate will need to interact on a regular basis with individuals located outside of Quebec;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / 14001 standards – an asset;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving skills and highly motivated, with an action-oriented attitude.
- Critical thinking and negotiation abilities.
- A team player who knows when to take initiative.
- Group insurance program including medical and dental coverage.
- Telemedicine program.
- Free on-site gym.
- Free coffee.
- Regularly organized social events.
- Free on-site parking.