Rene Materiaux Composite (RMC), a NanoXplore Company, specializes in composite material engineering and manufacturing for the North American truck and bus markets (among many others). RMC’s main strategy is to avoid direct competition from powerful vertically integrated competitors by developing technologies, product designs and new manufacturing concepts in order to offer superior products and services to its customers and consolidate its leadership position. Our company’s technology is based on processes that allow the moulding of large surfaces, at high volume and high speed. RMC competes in a variety of markets, including the transportation, agricultural and construction sectors and is a leader in the transit market for commercial trucks and buses. Our company has four (4) production plants in Beauce, Quebec and plans to expand its activities in the United States.
WHY WORK IN LA BEAUCE?
If you’re seeking a place to live that is safe, clean, and beautiful, and that offers an exceptionally friendly and welcoming environment with low living and housing costs, then La Beauce region is the place for you. One of the most important advantages La Beauce offers you is that life quality is exceptionally high and unemployment rate is remarkably low in this region, not to mention quality health care and easy access to educational, recreational, and cultural amenities. For those looking for the occasional outing to a larger city, places like Quebec City and Montreal are within easy driving distance.
A relocation package is available to candidates interested in relocating to the La Beauce region. Details will be discussed with selected candidates.
The Automation Specialist will be responsible for programming and updating automated equipment. This will include:
- Perform programming and updating of programs (Robot and PLC) ;
- Repair and troubleshoot equipment components;
- Examine and resolve downtime problems;
- Actively participate in equipment modification projects;
- Recommend necessary modifications to ensure objectives are met;
- Design electrical and electronic circuits;
- Program PLCs, AC/DC drives and servo drives;
- Modify robot interfaces, PLC programs, and machine displays;
- Work with production and quality to help reduce cycle times;
- Provide technical support to the maintenance department;
- Maintain equipment and provide support to the manager for various mandates.
- Robotics, Automation or Electrical Engineering background;
- Knowledge of Fanuc robots and KAREL programming language, ABB and Universal robots;
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers, Allen Bradley and Omron, Siemens
- Minimum of 5 years experience;
- Working knowledge of ABB, Fanuc and Universal robots;
- Working knowledge of Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron PLCs and electrical schematics;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of engineering controls and strong troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work independently and solve problems; and Self-starter;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Priority and stress management ;
We are an equal opportunity employer for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities.