Rene Materiaux Composite (RMC), a NanoXplore Company, specializes in composite material engineering and manufacturing for the North American truck and bus markets (among many others). RMC’s main strategy is to avoid direct competition from powerful vertically integrated competitors by developing technologies, product designs and new manufacturing concepts in order to offer superior products and services to its customers and consolidate its leadership position. Our company’s technology is based on processes that allow the moulding of large surfaces, at high volume and high speed. RMC competes in a variety of markets, including the transportation, agricultural and construction sectors and is a leader in the transit market for commercial trucks and buses. Our company has four (4) production plants in Beauce, Quebec and plans to expand its activities in the United States.
WHY WORK IN LA BEAUCE?
If you’re seeking a place to live that is safe, clean, and beautiful, and that offers an exceptionally friendly and welcoming environment with low living and housing costs, then La Beauce region is the place for you. One of the most important advantages La Beauce offers you is that life quality is exceptionally high and unemployment rate is remarkably low in this region, not to mention quality health care and easy access to educational, recreational, and cultural amenities. For those looking for the occasional outing to a larger city, places like Quebec City and Montreal are within easy driving distance.
A relocation package is available to candidates interested in relocating to the La Beauce region. Details will be discussed with selected candidates.
The Quality Technician ensures the conformity of products and processes based on the company’s quality assurance principles in ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 standards. He/she is responsible for planning, directing, controlling and improving in order to ensure the maintenance and continuous improvement of quality and customer satisfaction related to the NMD department.
- Control and improve the quality assurance activities of the NMD department in support of the quality supervisor;
- Takes charge of the measurement and monitoring tasks of the products and processes related to the NMD department(monitoring);
- Detect, investigate, analyze, document and contain non-conformances in the plant;
Act as a key player in the initiation of problem solving, analysis and root cause identification activities identification of root causes;
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of preventive/corrective measures to eliminate at the source the recurrence of quality problems at the source;
- Performs product and process audits and initiates the required corrective action and improvement
improvement processes required;
- Performs daily dimensional inspections according to product control plans;
- Ensures proper management and “on the spot” handling of customer complaints including determination of “clean points”, implementation and follow-up of corrective actions. Is also involved in the updating of control plans and PFMEA;
- Assigns, communicates and follows up on supplier non-conformances through the RNC process;
- Actively participates in the deployment and improvement of quality indicators;
- Works in support of the raw material inspection on occasion and as a replacement;
- Remains in support of the Quality Supervisor for all other tasks and mandates.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in engineering, plastics processing or other training relevant to the Job Relevant Training;
- Demonstrated leadership;
- Sense of thoroughness;
- High customer orientation and political sense;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure; Thoroughness, good organizational skills, tact and diplomacy, analytical of analysis and synthesis, autonomy, resourcefulness.
- 3-5 years of experience in quality control in a regulated environment;
- Quality assurance principles according to ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 standards;
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem solving;
- Knowledge of the standard and experience in the automotive industry will be a strong asset;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Mastery of computer tools (MS Office Suite, Solidworks (an asset), e-mail, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities.