You will have the opportunity to work for a fast-growing company that creates sustainable products that push the conventional boundaries in multiple industries. Innovation is part of our core values; and we encourage new ideas whether they are big or small.
We are looking to hire a highly driven Business Development Director to assist the company to increase revenue and profitability. The Business Development Director’s responsibilities include building and strengthening internal and external relationships, managing customer relations, and implementing strategies designed to increase revenue and acquire new business opportunities. You should also be able to collaborate with the marketing team to develop innovative marketing strategies.
To be successful as a Business Development Director, you should also be able to perform detailed market research and analysis. Ultimately, a top-performing Business Development Director should be able to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external sales and marketing departments, vendors, distributors, and customers;
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities for the company;
- Researching new markets and emerging market trends;
- Developing new partnerships;
- Formulating and implementing an account management plan to ensure that business relations are properly maintained;
- Presenting market research to the marketing department and recommending strategies to improve market research;
- Collecting information in order to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs);
- Continually learning about the company’s products.
*Travelling requirement approx. 75% – remote hybrid.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field;
- Bilingualism (French-English) is required as the successful candidate will need to interact on a regular basis with individuals located outside of Quebec;
- Proven experience in sales, marketing, business development, and management.
Skills and attitude
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications;
- The ability to multi-task;
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
What we offer
- RRSP/DPSP program
- Group insurance program including medical and dental coverage;
- Telemedicine program;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Hybrid work environment;
- Free on-site gym;
- Regularly organized social events (potluck, BBQ and more);
- Free coffee.